• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing question

Participant ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Lightroom on a Mac (not the classic lightroom). I have been looking at importing tutorials, but the screen looks different than mine. Could I be accidently looking at the Lightroom classic tutorials. 

So here is my question. How do I create an import procees that will rename my photos to the date of import.

Thanks,

Kate

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, very likely you are looking at the wrong tutorials. When there was still only one version of Lightroom, the version that is now called 'Lightroom Classic' was simply called 'Lightroom'. Just like the new version is now called. Adobe really likes to make things confusing. 

Renaming photos on import is not possible in the new Lightroom.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Do you have any idea if there is a way to rename files in batches?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK, there is no option to rename files at all.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kate

The new version of Lightroom is not an update to Lightroom Classic. The priority is to get your files uploaded to the cloud. You can select or create a new album including albums by date but file names are just not that important in a cloud centric system. It is already possible to filter All Photos by year, month and day of capture – see image below.   

ByDate.jpg

However the latest version of Lightroom, released today, does let you add the date taken to a filename on export. So if you are sending jpegs etc. to a third party or using the files outside of Lightroom that could be a useful feature for renaming in batches. You can update to Lightroom 3.0 from the Creative Cloud desktop app. I’ve made a couple of YouTube videos which may be informative.

The New Export Dialog in Lightroom

Fast Drag & Drop Import Picking & Rating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@99Jon Thanks for the reply. What happens to the date attached to the photo if I export out the image and then copy and paste it somewhere. Will it lose the original created date.

I discovered after years of copying and pasting pictures to differernt places that when I go to a picture that was copied all the dates became the date I copied it, not the original date the picture was taken. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines