• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing stacks across computers

Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just upgraded to a new Macbook Pro 16". When I open LR on my old Macbook, I have a lot of images in stacks. However, on the new computer, all the images are downloading and showing but none of them are in their stacks so there are a hell of a lot of pictures showing given that most of them make up large panoramas. Does anyone know why stacks don't transfer across, or am I missing something?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Lightroom are you using? Go to 'Help - System Info' to check this and give the version number. Don't say 'latest' or something like that, please.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's version 3.2.1 - and that is the latest version 🙂

Both computers are running this version as CC auto-updates all my Adobe programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just been told by Adobe that stacks don't sync between computers. I can't believe it. Over 17000 images and they're telling me I have to restack them on the new computer. It's insanity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AFAIK stacks do sync, but only between two computers that both run Lightroom desktop (because they both use the same cloud system, not a local catalog), not between Lightroom desktop and Lightroom Classic.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines