• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing to Lightroom: Import Presets

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before the last couple of updates I could import to lightroom and it would import the the last place I imported my pictures. Now I have to physically show Lightroom where I want the pictures everytime. Even after just importing from a card and then want to import from a different card to the dame date.

So in other words if I want to import pictures from the card I have to go to Macintosh HD, then User, Then user name, then pictures, then Lightroom and since I have my lightroom set up to sort by date it will post under 2020/then the actual day. Is there a way that I can make a default to always go to the same folder when importing instead of having to find it manually each time?

Cmp=Macbook Pro Apple M2 Max Sonoma 14.0 Lightroom Classic 13.0 (13.01 didn't work for me when I installed it so I went back to 13.0)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Save the import setup as an import preset (at the bottom center of the import dialog). Next time you import images you only have to select that preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save the import setup as an import preset (at the bottom center of the import dialog). Next time you import images you only have to select that preset.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is an idea but I do use another preset for the photos when I import. I am just wondering why adobe people changed what it was doing before to make this more time consuming.

Cmp=Macbook Pro Apple M2 Max Sonoma 14.0 Lightroom Classic 13.0 (13.01 didn't work for me when I installed it so I went back to 13.0)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read my reply again. I am not talking about a develop preset, but an import preset. You probably have never used an import preset and might not even know these exist. Look at the bottom center, below the grid.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh I see now. You are right, I have never used them, just apply the develop preset when importing. I will go check that out. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just so you know it worked perfectly! Thanks so much 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines