Highlighted

In lightroom CC 2.4, how can change a person name ? Identical twins !

Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have friends that are twins, but the face recognition in LR CC 2.4 will sometimes mix them up.  My friends are identical twins and you really have to know them well to differentiate.

I would like to manually assign person names to those pictures.

Please let me know if this is possible ! I was thinking of using LR CC + LR CC Classic to change this, but I am not sure the people names changes carry over from classic to CC.

Thanks,

Etienne

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jim_Wilde | Adobe Community Professional

When you select an image which has the "wrong" twin identified, click on the Keyword icon (bottom right) and you'll see a list of all the recognised faces in that image at the top of the right-hand panel. Each of the faces will have the tagged name (or no name if not yet identified), but if the system has the incorrect name for a particular face you can click in the name field for that face and type in the correct name.

Is that the information that you are looking for?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

In lightroom CC 2.4, how can change a person name ? Identical twins !

Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have friends that are twins, but the face recognition in LR CC 2.4 will sometimes mix them up.  My friends are identical twins and you really have to know them well to differentiate.

I would like to manually assign person names to those pictures.

Please let me know if this is possible ! I was thinking of using LR CC + LR CC Classic to change this, but I am not sure the people names changes carry over from classic to CC.

Thanks,

Etienne

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jim_Wilde | Adobe Community Professional

When you select an image which has the "wrong" twin identified, click on the Keyword icon (bottom right) and you'll see a list of all the recognised faces in that image at the top of the right-hand panel. Each of the faces will have the tagged name (or no name if not yet identified), but if the system has the incorrect name for a particular face you can click in the name field for that face and type in the correct name.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is it thank you very much ! I can pick the correct person the way you have described.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One last thing if I may. If I remove the person name by clicking on the X. Is there a way re-assign the face manually ? Or maybe the cloud engine will know to re-process ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you can't re-assign the face manually until the face-recognition engine re-indexes that image. That should happen at some point, though I'm not sure when that would be, but once it has then in theory you'd manually type the name as I mentioned earlier. I haven't tested that though.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
selondon LATEST
Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's meant to happen in 24 hours or less apparently Jim, and my experience reflects this

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines