• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Info overlays missing in Lightroom Desktop

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm new to Lightroom (i'm using the new LR, not LR classic). Earlier today i had the information overlays with camera information showing when browsing photos. But now it's gone somehow and I can't figure out how to get the info overlay to appear again. I can see the info overlay in the iOS iphone and iPad app but not in the Desktop or Web version.  Please help.

The below picture shows the info overlay info that i'm missing.

Skärmavbild 2021-02-20 kl. 21.34.46.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

There is no info overlay like you see in LR Classic, available in the new Lightroom. However, depending on whether you choose the "photo grid" or "square grid," You will see some badges and extra bits of information overlaid onto the thumbnails:

2021-02-20_20-50-31.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest your screen-clip is the 'Info' in Lightroom-Classic. Toggled by keyboard [i]

In Lightroom-Desktop v4.1 the [i] key toggles the Info PANEL to the right of the photo.

Confirm exactly which Lr version you are using. (MENU: Help > System Info)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no info overlay like you see in LR Classic, available in the new Lightroom. However, depending on whether you choose the "photo grid" or "square grid," You will see some badges and extra bits of information overlaid onto the thumbnails:

2021-02-20_20-50-31.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer Michael. I was sure I saw the info overlay in new LR at some point but I guess it was just wishful thinking mixed with memories from classic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any reason to not add this to the desktop version? Because it is available on iPhone and iPad versions of Lightroom and one of the big misses on Mac. Now I have to switch every time manually to the Info tab and I can't apply (auto) edits while being in the info tap. It would be really helpful to add this to the Mac version like on iPad and iPhone what makes it easier to make a decision what photo to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, do I understand this correct that I have to switch between 'edit' or 'info', you can't display the info (exif data) when editing, as in the LR Classic, when in the LR 6.0 desktop?

Really strange that it's removed. How do I vote for this as an Enhacement?

Thanks /ulf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you make a post, choose idea instead of discussion

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines