• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inneficient Preset management in Lightroom Classic - Preset groups

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have hundreds of presets in Lightroom which I store under different group headings, as below.

preset tree.jpgTo add the groups, I use the 'Create new preset' option, and to create the group I select 'group' - 'new group'.

The issue I have is if I import new presets, I don't have the option to import directly to a group.  The files just get added to the bottom of the list and I have to append them to the group manually by dragging them up and down the preset menu and placing them in the correct group which is really time consuming.

Is there a way to do this more efficiently, or is this an update Adobe are considering for future versions?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Try the plugin Fix Presets http://www.johnrellis.com/lightroom/fixpresets.htm . I haven't used it but think it does what you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Have you tried right clicking on a Perest Group and choose Import to directly import presets into that group and see if that works?

Please check this article and let us know if it helps: https://filtergrade.com/how-to-create-preset-folders-in-lightroom/

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sahil.

That does work for imprting new presets, but not for my unsorted existing presets.

What would be useful is if it were possible to be able to manage presets in explorer/file manager as I seem to recall being able to do in older version of Lightroom.

Regards,

Chris.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the plugin Fix Presets http://www.johnrellis.com/lightroom/fixpresets.htm . I haven't used it but think it does what you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks John,

Does exactly what I need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines