Highlighted

Insufficient space error message Lightroom

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have been using Lightroom for quite some time now and this is the first time I have ever gotten this message. It reads : Insuffiecient space Not enough free space on drive. Please free up another 589.51mb to proceed.

I deleted all of the photos that it said were in lightroom and it is still saying this message. 

Is there another location that I need to delete photos from? I have a MAC and the only thing I use it for is my photography business. I have moved all of the photos to an external hard drive and deleted said photographs but it is still giving me this message. 

If someone could help me figure out what else I need to delete to make this work that would be great. 

Topics

Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Insufficient space error message Lightroom

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have been using Lightroom for quite some time now and this is the first time I have ever gotten this message. It reads : Insuffiecient space Not enough free space on drive. Please free up another 589.51mb to proceed.

I deleted all of the photos that it said were in lightroom and it is still saying this message. 

Is there another location that I need to delete photos from? I have a MAC and the only thing I use it for is my photography business. I have moved all of the photos to an external hard drive and deleted said photographs but it is still giving me this message. 

If someone could help me figure out what else I need to delete to make this work that would be great. 

Topics

Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Lightroom the cloud version, or are you using Lightroom Classic? Lightroom stores images in the cloud, not your hard drive, unless you turn on the store local copies option. Deleting photos from Lightroom will delete them from the cloud. Deleting photos from Classic will remove them from the catalog, but they should remain on your hard drive unless you choose to throw them away.

Where are you seeing the error message. Can you share a screen capture of it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Abuse removed by a moderator]

Now we have a user who gets an error that clearly, clearly clearly is not a Lightroom Web problem or any of that nonsense.

And we'll spend the next how many hours, days, or months tiddling around with this error 5 billion and one.

Meanwhile we have a support professional who's telling us what she knows instead of getting the problem fixed.

I get the error, lots of us get the error.  It's a lazy ass programming error. OK? NOW GO FIX IT AND  FIX ALL THE REST OF THE LIGTHROOM UNIVERSE OF ERRORS.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry if I upset you. I am here trying to help on my own time. I am not a paid Adobe employee. I spend a lot of time here trying to help Lightroom users. There are a large number of users that post questions without knowing which Lightroom application they are using. I can't begin to help without knowing that information. 

The issue here is with an insufficient space error message. The answer to the question will be different depending on which Lightroom application is being used.

I'm sorry if you are having performance issues with your Lightroom application. You may be able to get some help on this user forum if you post your question in the correct place (Lightroom or Lightroom Classic), and provide specific detailed information regarding the issue. What operating system? What hardware? What graphics card? What version of Lightroom? What if any error message?  Share a screen shot of the message if you can. Please create a new thread with your issue and information. There are lots of other members here that are even smarter than me. Maybe one of them can help you. Good luck.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you've apologized to Theresa_J (a community volunteer here helping people in her own time) for your belligerent post - behaviour that you'd be unlikely to do to a stranger offline - we can try and address the unknowns in the question.

>> I get the error, lots of us get the error.  It's a lazy ass programming error. 

Not necessarily. We have also seen this error reported with Lightroom Classic in relation to permissions issues in Catalina due to the heightened security features of Catalina. If the Lightroom user does not have admin permissions on said drive then they may see this error. Then again, it may be resolved by updating Lightroom. Depends on which version they are running.

More information is required for an accurate diagnosis. Exactly what Theresa is trying to do.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines