Highlighted

iPad Lightroom: caption/title multiple photos at once.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to edit some assignments in Lightroom mobile on an iPad. I don’t see a way to apply metadata info like captions to multiple images at once.
I can copy and paste one by one , but that’s too time consuming. I see the option on my android phone. The iPad version of Lightroom seems more confusing than the android. I am trying to figure out if I can realistically leave the MacBook behind for editing on location. But the mobile iPad Lightroom seems a bit cumbersome.
I am baffled that such an important feature for a working feature is not readily available or easy to find. 

Stefano

TOPICS
Bug, Feature request, How to, Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

iPad Lightroom: caption/title multiple photos at once.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to edit some assignments in Lightroom mobile on an iPad. I don’t see a way to apply metadata info like captions to multiple images at once.
I can copy and paste one by one , but that’s too time consuming. I see the option on my android phone. The iPad version of Lightroom seems more confusing than the android. I am trying to figure out if I can realistically leave the MacBook behind for editing on location. But the mobile iPad Lightroom seems a bit cumbersome.
I am baffled that such an important feature for a working feature is not readily available or easy to find. 

Stefano

TOPICS
Bug, Feature request, How to, Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 26, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stefano,

Adding metadata to multiple images in Lightroom mobile is not possible as of now. However, it would really help if you can share your feedback on our community:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_lightroom_mobile

As this forum is monitored by our engineers and they will review it for future product development.

We need more helping hands like you, as we're building towards a better user experience.

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 26, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.
Actually on my phone with Lightroom mobile I can paste descriptions to
multiple photos at once.
It is a pretty fundamental feature, I am surprised it is not available. I
will share the feedback.
I feel the Lightroom version on my google pixel 3a is better structured and
has more features. I am surprised the iPad version is so behind.
Thank you,
Stefano
--

Stefano
http://stefanogiovannini.com
Instagram @stefpix2

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 26, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I am surprised the iPad version is so behind."

I don't think it's very much behind (if at all). The iOS and Android versions are developed by different teams (obviously) and the development paths will be influenced by the different OS versions such that not every new feature gets to both platforms at the same time. There are features in iOS which aren't in Android, and vice versa, which can be a little confusing for users of both types of mobile devices, but hopefully feature parity is still an Adobe objective.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 27, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience the layout/structure of the android version is a lot more
intuitive.
It allowed to paste corrections before the iPad version.

The fact that iOS iPad version does not allow filling titles/descriptions
for multiple photos at once I
Is a dealbreaker form professional use for many photographers.

The issue is that the Google Pixel screen is not as nice to work with as an
iPad.

Adobe is putting so many resources on the cloud and Lightroom vs the LR
classic version, but it’s missing professional use features.
Also to share images it requires a fast WiFi. I was at a Starbucks on a
deadline. I could not export as an album link with the iPad.
I had to export as jpgs and use google drive. With my old MacBook Air 11 it
would have been a breeze.

--

Stefano
http://stefanogiovannini.com
Instagram @stefpix2

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 27, 2019 0
stefpix LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been almost a year since I posted the issue about lack of captioning support for multiple photos on the iPad. Nothing new, available on Android not on iPad/iOS. 

It really is an handicap for photographers who need to edit and submit captioned images to their clients, whetehr agencies or publications. 

It is such a basic professional requirement, why is it available on Android and not on the iPad/iOS? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 0