Highlighted

iPad Lightroom CC Color Differences

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope someone can help me with this cause it has had my head spinning for awhile now. So I have an image that I have edited on my iPad and I complete the edit and AirDrop it via the Lightroom CC app to my iPhone. Once AirDrop is complete, the image is darker and a little more dull/desaturated.  What is causing this? I have ensured that all settings when it comes to the screen are identical and True Tone is disabled. Any and ALL help is greatly appreciated!

Topics

How to, Import and share, Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

iPad Lightroom CC Color Differences

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope someone can help me with this cause it has had my head spinning for awhile now. So I have an image that I have edited on my iPad and I complete the edit and AirDrop it via the Lightroom CC app to my iPhone. Once AirDrop is complete, the image is darker and a little more dull/desaturated.  What is causing this? I have ensured that all settings when it comes to the screen are identical and True Tone is disabled. Any and ALL help is greatly appreciated!

Topics

How to, Import and share, Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Shaunb LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have had a similar problem since the Windows 1903 update several weeks ago. This update affected my monitor colour profile/calibration. After several work arounds I managed to reset my colour profile (I use Datacolor Spyser Pro 5). Now when I import photos to edit in Lightroom and export the edited version as a Jpeg onto my hardrive the colour profile is incorrect. The photo looks fine on my laptop screen, but if I download this photo onto my phone the colour looks completely desaturated. I have carried out a further test to see if this problem is isolated just to LR. I have imported a NEF file onto my laptop (not into LR) and converted to a Jpeg and downloaded onto my phone and the colours are fine. I have also imported this photo into Spyder 5 Calibration view and the colours are perfect. Therefore I concluded that my monitor colour profile is accurate, but for some reason LR is not syncing with my updated colour profile.  I am running LR 8.41, it is uptodate. I have even tried uninstalling and reinstalling LR but this has not solved the problem. I have been using LR/PS for the last 18 months with no problem. As stated previously this has only occured in the last couple of weeks since the 1903 Windows update.

I would be grateful if anyone knows how to solve this issue.

Shaun

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines