• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPad Lightroom exports will not play on windows pc

New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do my editing primarily on my iPad Pro in Lightroom. I have tried exporting my jpgs to files, to photos, even straight to the flash drive that i will be giving to my clients. And every time I/they put it in a pc, the files show up as far as listing and even recognize that they are jpgs, but always says computer cannot play these types of files. It has been the biggest pain I have ever come across as far as cross platform compatibility. Am I missing something simple here? TIA

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you share one (an example) of your exported JPG files, by using [Attach]  below your post window.

I, and others, can then test it in our Windows-PC systems.

"I have tried exporting my jpgs to files, to photos, even straight to the flash drive."

Can you give more details of the options you use for the Export?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After all my edits are done, I 1)hit the 3 dots in upper right hand corner, 2)hit select 3) select the entire folder of edited photos 4)hit share 5)and here is where I have tried multiple options with same results. I've exported to files locally on my iPad, export as jpgs, export to files and selected an external flash drive and every time it looks like it went through fine but is never compatible with a pc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certainly I have no problems whatsoever viewing the file you attached!

I can see the image in-  Windows File Explorer, Windows-Photos App, Photoshop, XnView, Adobe Bridge.

Something wrong with your clients computer or methods of download?

My screen-clips attached- click the Attached files-

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if the problem lies in the way that I get the images to the flash drive? I use a usb-c to female USB adapter and then put the flash drive in there. I then find the files on files app and move them the the flash drive. Or I've also tried exporting directly to flash drive from the Lightroom app. Any other suggestions as far as getting the pics to hardware? Thank you for replies by the way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My 'Windows' experience does not include iPads, and the 'Files App' is totally unknown to me.

I would think that "exporting directly to flash drive from the Lightroom app" would be a correct way.

Is it possible (only my thought) you are formatting the flash drive with ipadOS that is incompatible with Windows OS?

You will need a Mac person (or forum) to help you further. Sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines