• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPad Pro crashing repeatedly

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am currently touring South America. I have a 2017 iPad Pro with 300 Gb of storage remaining and the latest OS update. The latest version of the Lightroom app is installed with 1Tb storage. I am using approximately 200Gb of my allowance with approx 400 images. Approximately 5 weeks ago I did a long editing session and the IPad shutdown. I could not recharge or switch it back on for 10 Days despite trying every known option. I then tried another charge and it came back to life. Everything worked fine until I opened lightroom, which crashed it again. This pattern has repeated itself ever since. I can work with lightroom for a few minutes then then IPad crahes and switches off. I then have to do a hard reset. Lightroom reports all 400 imagess have been backed up in the cloud. I am nervous about desinstalling and resinstalling the app in case this is not the case. Even so I am not sure this will help.

Has anyone else had these issues and found a fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling and reinstalling the app shouldn't have any effect on your catalog if all of your images are fully synced to the cloud.

Do you have access to another computer? If yes, you could browse to lightroom.adobe.com, login with your user name and Adobe ID and ensure that all of your images are showing up.

How good is the internet connection that you are using when you're accessing Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reply. I have done as you suggest and all the photos seem to be uploaded to the cloud. Internet speeds are definitely far slower, to the extent I have not been able to back my iPad up on the apple cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible (likely) that intermittent - slow internet speed might cause Lr to crash. If you can follow up when you get in a good location that will be helpful. Not sure that Uninstalling/Re-Installing will make a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I’ve now uninstalled and reinstalled, which made no difference. I also paused cloud syncing with no improvement. I think fast internet is unavailable in most places bar perhaps corporate offices in major city’s.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try logging out of your Creative Cloud Manager app... also can you check to see if the Creative Cloud Manager has an update pending?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also turn off iCloud so that your iPad isn’t trying to sync Photos, backups, and anything else you have set to sync. iCloud syncing can be competing with Lightroom for bandwith.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. The iPad crashed again and will not turn on, so I cannot progress suggestions. I had disabled icloud photos and lightroom syncing before that happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yikes - sorry to hear that. Now it sounds like it may be a hardware problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines