Highlighted

IPad Pro - to get HDR/Panorama Merge?

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is fantastic that these features have now come to Lightroom CC making my recent full switch from classic subscription to CC feel all the better.

Largely due to this switch to the cloud based version of Lightroom, I have started to use an Ipad Pro as my main photo editing device, the software seems to work far better on IOS than on my Win 10 laptop and for me at least is simply more enjoyable.

So will these new features eventually get rolled out to the IOS version of Lightroom?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

IPad Pro - to get HDR/Panorama Merge?

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is fantastic that these features have now come to Lightroom CC making my recent full switch from classic subscription to CC feel all the better.

Largely due to this switch to the cloud based version of Lightroom, I have started to use an Ipad Pro as my main photo editing device, the software seems to work far better on IOS than on my Win 10 laptop and for me at least is simply more enjoyable.

So will these new features eventually get rolled out to the IOS version of Lightroom?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 12, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The product is being updated all the time but I don’t know if or when this will come to the iPad. But it’s great to have this on the desktop. In fact I prefer where possible to do the heavy lifting on the PC rather than taking up internal storage on the iPad if albums need to be stored locally. The 4.2 update on iOS only includes ad-hoc sharing which is great if you want to create a link for a small bunch of photos rather than a whole album. So I’m guessing there will be more interesting updates in future releases.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 12, 2019 2
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disagree. My iPad Pro with 1 TB of memory is more powerful than my MacBook. And Adobe promotes so that the image editing without compromising mobile is possible. Then they should also implement it completely!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 14, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have an iPad Pro, and probably never will. But I suspect that having one with 1 TB of memory is "probably" not typical. I don't know what would be required to have the features that you want on the iPad Pro, but if Adobe chooses to offer those features, and they aren't available to users with less capable iPad's, then we are going to see myriads of threads asking why the feature doesn't work for them. I'm only guessing. So "perhaps" it takes time to get these features to work properly on these mobile formats. In the meantime, those who are armed with the super machines maybe are just going to have to be patient while the feature is made available for the masses. Just a thought, and maybe it ain't worth much.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 16, 2019 0
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect you have 1TB of storage not 1TB of memory. The iPad Pros only have 4GB of RAM:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPad_Pro 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 02, 2020 1
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are probably correct.  I have 512 gig or storage on my new ipad pro.  I am doubting we get that feature.  We do not have enough ram to these still for stacking multiple raw images.  I could see them possibly allowing jpeg HDR rendering of multiple images but I doubt these can handle stacking more than two RAW files.  Which is really all you need in most situations.  

But if lightroom can stack multiple RAW images from the built in ipad or iphone camera then maybe I am wrong and it is in the works.  Who knows.  I think for all of the exposure stacking and focal stacking I do, I will have to get a beefy laptop to go with my ipad pro.  Great so far for single photo edits.  They keep improving it so who knows? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 0
Advocate ,
Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

99jon is so right! Lightroom CC continues to evolve. It's come a long way from where it first started. I've actually really enjoyed seeing it grow the way it has. I think it's safe to say that more interesting features will surely be included in future updates

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 14, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The features in the mobile version are usually several months to half a year behind the desktop version. I would expect it to be the same here. Just have to be patient.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 16, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A year later and nothing added (looking at the new 5.2 update). One time I got a reply from a sales manager claiming the iPad Pro was not powerful enough to do this while other competitive software is capable of doing panoramas without a hiccup (Affinity Photo). It's incredible how, after all this time, the iOS software does not seem to get any notable features other than Exporting and Importing. So far no virtual copies or stacks, no panorama or HDR merging, no defringing controls like in desktop, ... But sure, they do update it all the time with useless features like "interactive tutorials". Why bother with features like that when the core of the software is missing such cornerstone features?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 10, 2020 2
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 @JVN_Photography. I was really hopeful when I saw the 5.2 updates. But no, still no HDR/Panorama. This is actually a dealbreaker that will determine whether I buy an iPad Pro or not. I've tried once but returned it because of these missing features. It was this close to being the perfect photographer travel companion.

Please Adobe, bridge that ugly feature gap and you'll get a lot of love from your users ❤️ 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2020 6