• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photo merge (Pano & HDR) with imported images

Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that LRM has the ability to do HDR photos with the built in camera, it would be nice to also be able to produce HDR images with imported photos.  It should be fairly easy to implement since the coding is already done for the camera.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Android , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 223 Replies 223
223 Comments
LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got too excited about the iPad Pro gen 3, and bought it without realizing LR Classic is not available (let alone Photoshop), and LR Mobile does not appear to have the ability to HDR Merge photos? 

If there isn't going to be a release of LR Classic for iPad Pro (we use local NAS storage and work with lots of photos), this would at least help with some of the architectural work we do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe won't release Lightroom classic for the iPad... They've developed this from the ground up for touchscreens and a fresh approach to the UI - which I really like. However I agree Adobe definitely need to release HDR merge for mobile and Lightroom CC desktop - fingers crossed it comes soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photo merge /HDR merge and automatic stacking after merging would be great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like a lot of other users already have, I’d like to push for the ability to merge photos into a panorama like the desktop version. Then I can truly kiss my laptop goodbye.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this even under consideration? It has been suggested a year ago and there was no official response yet. Excepted for the lack of stacks, I don’t see any technical limitation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed. The workflow is really bad, specially because Classic only does not sync folders, so one has to manually add the rendered HDR and Panos into the synced collection. Worse of all, it’s also impossible to automate this with smart collections as those are not synced either!

Additionally, you end up with a mix of originals (uploaded on mobile) and low res smart previews of panoramas, which kills its core purpose: higher resolution images.

Another nail in Classic-Mobile’s workflow

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read that Photoshop for iOS was coming in 2019. IPad Pro will have best functionality with the Apple Pencil. Won’t have everything to begin with, but it should simplify the workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is fantastic that these features have now come to Lightroom CC making my recent full switch from classic subscription to CC feel all the better.

Largely due to this switch to the cloud based version of Lightroom, I have started to use an Ipad Pro as my main photo editing device, the software seems to work far better on IOS than on my Win 10 laptop and for me at least is simply more enjoyable.

So will these new features eventually get rolled out to the IOS version of Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The product is being updated all the time but I don’t know if or when this will come to the iPad. But it’s great to have this on the desktop. In fact I prefer where possible to do the heavy lifting on the PC rather than taking up internal storage on the iPad if albums need to be stored locally. The 4.2 update on iOS only includes ad-hoc sharing which is great if you want to create a link for a small bunch of photos rather than a whole album. So I’m guessing there will be more interesting updates in future releases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

99jon is so right! Lightroom CC continues to evolve. It's come a long way from where it first started. I've actually really enjoyed seeing it grow the way it has. I think it's safe to say that more interesting features will surely be included in future updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disagree. My iPad Pro with 1 TB of memory is more powerful than my MacBook. And Adobe promotes so that the image editing without compromising mobile is possible. Then they should also implement it completely!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have an iPad Pro, and probably never will. But I suspect that having one with 1 TB of memory is "probably" not typical. I don't know what would be required to have the features that you want on the iPad Pro, but if Adobe chooses to offer those features, and they aren't available to users with less capable iPad's, then we are going to see myriads of threads asking why the feature doesn't work for them. I'm only guessing. So "perhaps" it takes time to get these features to work properly on these mobile formats. In the meantime, those who are armed with the super machines maybe are just going to have to be patient while the feature is made available for the masses. Just a thought, and maybe it ain't worth much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The features in the mobile version are usually several months to half a year behind the desktop version. I would expect it to be the same here. Just have to be patient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Use a 2019 IPad Pro with Premium Lightroom CC on it. I neeeeed to Make HDR‘s out of the RAW‘s from Camera! Pay so much money and all the software is useless for my work 😞 Why cant you get the most out of the devices? I am shooting flats and buildings and my work is 90% done with High Quality HDR Pictures. And still need to work on my Mac just because this Function is missing. Also Tethered Shooting isn‘t available, antother Thing every photographer who’s using the Creative Cloud needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They will, eventually, implement this feature because they do have the technical knowledge to do it. The code is maybe already written somewhere.
But I do believe they have a specific roadmap to follow in order to spray out the new features in order to justify LR’s price.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

would be nice to hear some official feedback on this.

I would be really happy to have hdr aeb merging option and also lossles export

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a premium subscriber that work on the field we need this feature, come on Adobe, this already 2 years. You guys have to roll this feature out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi agree! I don’t know how many developers adobe has.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bracket most of my photos so it would be really useful to be able to merge them while on the move. I know you have this feature on your your desktop version but it would be very useful on the app also. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature and a batch rename feature are the only reason I still haven’t ditched Lightroom classic CC.

Considering the importance of this as well as how old this request is, I just hope that Adobe has been working on this, surprising everyone with a release together with the new iOS 13!

I’ve heard that capture one is currently working on a mobile platform to be ready when iOS13 is out, so if these are not in the works yet, I am afraid that it may already be too late. Anyway, it’s not like this was requested last month, right?!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this possible now? I noticed this request is marked as “implemented.”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if there are performance limitations to be considered. I, too, would love to have this, even if it were a bit slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don’t think so! Modern tablets and phones are blazingly fast compared to computers. HDR and merging softwares were available at a time computers were way slower than actual mobile devices 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate