• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ipad Raw File Export

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I export an edited photo in raw format from an Ipad?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

No, you can never export edited raw photos because edits are separated from the raw file itself. What you can do (only on an image by image bases) is use 'Export Original'. That will export the original raw photo plus an xmp file with the edits. In case the raw file is in DNG format, the edits will be in the metadata of the DNG, not in a separate xmp file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you can never export edited raw photos because edits are separated from the raw file itself. What you can do (only on an image by image bases) is use 'Export Original'. That will export the original raw photo plus an xmp file with the edits. In case the raw file is in DNG format, the edits will be in the metadata of the DNG, not in a separate xmp file.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Johan.  Is there a reason 'export original' is not highlighted as an option when I want to 'share'?  It's there, just not highlighted as available. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's only selectable when you have an original online. If you only have a smart preview, the option is dimmed.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I have edited raw files on my ipad pro and uploaded to Adobe's creative cloud.  I've spent hours talking to Adobe online help trying to figure out how to then share them, with edits to my printer.  After all of this they finally managed to explain how to share the files as raw files in a link, but now there's now way for my printer to download them!!  Does this mean all the editing work I did on those files was a waste of time?  Both people I spoke to at Adobe didn't seem to understand that I want to send the files to be printed, in large format and I've wasted so much time.  Any tips?  If I send them to my macbook pro they just get converted to jpegs and the resolution isn't large enough for the print size.  I hope someone can give some advice.  I'm new at all this, and perhaps I've chosen the wrong editing program or my ipad pro?  Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't share raw files from Lightroom Mobile or Lightroom Desktop, so I'm not sure what they told you with "they finally managed to explain how to share the files as raw files in a link". See my previous answer which is marked as the correct answer.

However, if you want your files to be printed, you don't need raw files. you need a full size JPEG. Do you have a Creative Cloud subscription on your MacBook Pro, or are you only using Lightroom Mobile? If you have a Create Cloud subscription, then install Lightroom on the computer and then use 'Save to...' to export full size JPEGs for printing. If you don't have that subscription, then in Lightroom Mobile, tap on the Share button and choose 'Share - Maximum available'. Send the image to yourself by email and open the email on your MacBook Pro.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines