Highlighted

iPhone Auto Import to LR

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the auto import of photo and video enabled in LR on my iPhone.  Seems I need to launch the app for it to import, is this expected?  Also the photos and videos remain on my camera roll post import, is this expected also?  Why wouldn't it delete immediately after import to LR and NOT have a second step to delete from iOS Photos camera roll?  I'm just talking about photos and videos shot on iPhone, not imported from a card.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jim_Wilde | Adobe Community Professional

1. Yes, you do have to open the LRCC app on the phone for it to auto-import.

2. Yes, LRCC is not able to delete images from the Camera Roll (not sure if that's an Apple restriction or a design choice). Even if possible, it probably wouldn't be done that way because of the potential risk of a problem happening during the sync upload to the cloud after the original image has been deleted from the Camera Roll.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

iPhone Auto Import to LR

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the auto import of photo and video enabled in LR on my iPhone.  Seems I need to launch the app for it to import, is this expected?  Also the photos and videos remain on my camera roll post import, is this expected also?  Why wouldn't it delete immediately after import to LR and NOT have a second step to delete from iOS Photos camera roll?  I'm just talking about photos and videos shot on iPhone, not imported from a card.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jim_Wilde | Adobe Community Professional

2. Yes, LRCC is not able to delete images from the Camera Roll (not sure if that's an Apple restriction or a design choice). Even if possible, it probably wouldn't be done that way because of the potential risk of a problem happening during the sync upload to the cloud after the original image has been deleted from the Camera Roll.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines