• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Iphone import into Lightroom

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to import photos from my iPhone into Lightroom on my Windows pc.  I am using the most up to date software on both devices.

When I choose to Import in Lightroom the software recognises that my iPhone is connected by says that there are no photos on the phone.

When I use Windows explorer it lists the iPhone and Internal Storage (72.5 GB Free of 119 GB) but it will not list the individual photos.

So I'm clearly missing a trick!  I have tried turning off my Firewall and resetting my iPhone but neither have any effect.

Can anyone suggest what to try next please?

Thanks

Charles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Even if you are using Classic, you are much better off installing LR CC on the iPhone and importing there. They will show up automatically in Classic if you turn on the Sync in Classic. You can even shoot raw files on your phone with the LR CC app.

Lastly, if you insist on directly importing from the phone using a USB cable you should go into the settings app and go to the "Photos" settings. Scroll down to transfer to Mac or PC. Best there to check "keep originals" if you have a current version o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charles,

On the Windows PC can you tell us what version of Lightroom you are using?

Also, do you have a Creative Cloud Photography subscription? (as it may be easier to import into the mobile app and sync via the Cloud to the Desktop from there)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using LrCC or Lr Classic on your computers? If you are using LrCC, you will have much better luck importing directly from your phone. Download the LrCC mobile app on your phone and import them there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply … I'm using Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even if you are using Classic, you are much better off installing LR CC on the iPhone and importing there. They will show up automatically in Classic if you turn on the Sync in Classic. You can even shoot raw files on your phone with the LR CC app.

Lastly, if you insist on directly importing from the phone using a USB cable you should go into the settings app and go to the "Photos" settings. Scroll down to transfer to Mac or PC. Best there to check "keep originals" if you have a current version of windows and Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines