Highlighted

Is 2020 the year you finally fix Lightroom?

Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because the slowness is killing me 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is 2020 the year you finally fix Lightroom?

Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because the slowness is killing me 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 02, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We wish you a very happy new year and we are sorry about the experience with Lightroom.

Would you mind sharing the version of Lightroom you are working with along with the operating system you are using? Have you tried disabling the Graphics processor from the Preferences of Lightroom to check if that helps? If not, please go to the Preferences of Lightroom, then Performance and disable the option to Use Graphics processor and relaunch Lightroom to test if you notice any difference.

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 02, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

note the date: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lr-cc-very-slow-on-hi-end-pc/m-p/10710207#M161896

My PC: i7 6700k, 32GB DDR, Samsung SSD, GTX 1070 Windows 10

Lightroom is very slow at basic tasks like select images, change module, write caption title etc.

Can take up to 10 seconds just to select a few images. small jpgs as well as hires raws. LR freezes for some seconds (not responding).

What I have tried:

uncheck/check gpu acc.

reset preferences.

removed all plugins

disabled all plugins

uninstall and reinstall LR

made a new catalog with just 130 images. Same response as catalog with 100k images.

When browsing images, the cpu usage goes up to 10-15%

It's been like this since last fall when I built this PC. On my macbook pro 2011 it is just regular slow. Not ridiculous slow like this.

But tasks like editing images with the sliders in dev module, import and export seems to run like normal.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 08, 2020 0
Tiboine LATEST
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I even did a clean reinstall of windows. LR is still crap.

advise, please. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not work for Adobe, have no connection to the company whatsoever, do not know any Adobe employees. And, believe it or not, I'm not responding to you in defense of Adobe or Lightroom. And I don't doubt that you are experiencing performance issues on your computer. Unfortunately, performance seems to be an individual issue that is difficult to isolate. If that was not true then Adobe would have resolved the issue years ago. For instance, I'm still using an old HP Pavilion desktop computer that is probably close to 10 years old. It was purchased with Windows 7 installed after Windows 8 was introduced. I have since "upgraded" to Windows 10, it has 8 GB RAM, no graphics card (just onboard graphics on the motherboard). I really have no performance issues with either Lightroom Classic or Lightroom. I realize that doesn't bring you any comfort nor does it solve your issue. But there are so many different computer configurations, and so many components that can conflict and create problems that it seems difficult to isolate where the performance issues creep in. I realize that slowness is killing you. However, I am confident that Adobe is doing whatever they can to improve performance. But they cannot possibly build computers that replicate every possible configuration that exists.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 02, 2020 0