• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible (and practical) to have one keyword list across multiple LR catalogues?

Participant ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm balancing half a dozen catalogues and would like to know if it's possible to have multiple catalogues share a single keyword list? 

If so,

- Are there logistic drawbacks?

- Would the process of combining two or more lists be possible? (And with a few thousand keywords.)

This seems like it would be a frequently asked question however I had no luck finding topics related. Thanks in advance for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can export a keyword list from one catalog and import it in another one, but that does not mean the catalogs 'share' the keyword list. If you change something in one catalog (add/remove a keyword), then that change is not reflected in the other one.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Johan, thanks for your input in helping me understand keyword lists. This doesn't help my situation as updates between the shared list would be essential but it's good to know.

If that seems to be the best solution, that must mean that different LR catalogs cannot reference the same keyword list (as they're likely built into the catalogs themselves)?

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Keyword list is indeed stored in the catalog, so multiple catalogs cannot reference the same list.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines