• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to specify which files go from Lightroom to the cloud?

New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I upgraded from my old (offline) Lightroom version of 6.whatever, to the online version, and started paying a monthly fee, my computer automatically 'uploaded' a bunch of photos, then ran out of room.

I wasn't given a choice as to which files I wanted to upload, and it just grabbed my oldest files.  I have all of 20 GB of storage, and having my old files up on the cloud is completely pointless.  I'd like to remove the old files from the cloud, and have lightroom only use the cloud for the files I want to upload - but I got sick of trying to find an explanation as to how that's supposed to work.. I don't see any way to control this via the Creative Cloud - it tells me I have 16.5 GB of 20 GB used, but I don't see how to get to where those files are - it tells me I don't have anything on the cloud, which is clearly ridiculous, since it also tells me there's 16.5 GB ...  Help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic lets you decide to sync selected photos in collections. Lightroom 3.2 (cloud version) uploads to the cloud every image imported.

Can you reply with a screenshot showing your current storage usage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying to my post. Before today, (I just updated my Lightroom CC, today, from the previous version) I had never seen the menu option for Lightroom Classic Online.  I clicked that, and it took me to the page where I was able to delete all of the files that were taking up the space in the cloud. I'm down to 1MB on the cloud now. I don't know why I never saw it before - I just had no idea where to look, as I have to assume it was there (I had no interest before).  You mentioned that Lightroom Classic lets you decide to sync selected photos in collections - I have paused auto sync, and now I have to figure out how to sync only the images I want.  Until yesterday, I didn't care about using Lightroom 'online', but I bought a tablet, and I am likely to do some editing on the tablet, and so I want to be able to upload chosen files only, to the cloud, to be able to edit them later. I'll also want to upload images to the cloud via the tablet, if I'm shooting tethered - or through my tablet connected to cell service with my phone providing wifi...  I have Lightroom on my phone and my tablet, so I guess it would be a good idea to create smart previews on my PC in Lightroom for those images I want to edit on the tablet?  Or can I choose to only include RAW files?  I am sure this has probably been answered before in some post here in the community, but I don't have the patience to look for answers.. My plate is over-full - I'm working on getting a handful of different certifications in different fields, at the same time, and my threshold for searching out new information is being pushed to its limit with all of those - so any direction you can offer would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you place images in a collection and mark the collection for sync, smart previews are automatically created. They do not count towards storage. Any editing on the tablet will sync back to the original files whether raw or jpeg. Any images shot with a phone or tablet via the Lightroom app or added directly to the Lihtroom mobile app will upload an original to the cloud which will count towards storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the reply.  I appreciate the help!  Now it all makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines