• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to indicate that a photo has been edited?

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2019 Apr 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm looking at a library of photos in Lightroom CC and some have been edited and some have not. How can I tell without opening each photo and reviewing the settings if it's edited or not? Flagging the photo doesn't seem to be the asnwer. You can look at your photos in a grid, for example, and know whether they are RAW or not. This should be something you can do when a photo is edited (or not). Am I missing something?

Thanks for the help!

Robert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

No  - you're not missing something. Lightroom CC doesn't  have  this feature at this time. You can vote for this feature here: Lightroom CC: Badge Overlays on Thumbnails in Grid View | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No  - you're not missing something. Lightroom CC doesn't  have  this feature at this time. You can vote for this feature here: Lightroom CC: Badge Overlays on Thumbnails in Grid View | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert,

I played around with the available options and tags in the Lightroom app on my desktop and do not see any option like Lightroom Classic CC have that shows whether an image has been edited or not.

In Lightroom Classic, one can tell by looking at the image thumbnail(highlighted below) whether the image has been edited:

We'd love to get this request and feedback submitted officially as a feature request so the engineering team can get this recorded. Could you please post this feedback here:

Lightroom Desktop | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akash, I used to be able to tell when a photo has been edited by the adjustment symbol in the thumbnail.  My thumbnails used to show the symbol, but they don't anymore. I don't remeber changing anything, so it woudn't show anymore.  Do you know what I would need to do to show the adjustment icon in the thumbnail?  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont know when they added it, but you can do it this way:edited.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think faceted search was added in August 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines