• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to migrate a catalog a second time?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the first time I migrate my classic CC lib to CC I had a bunch of Pics missing. So I deleted the import and all the Pics (about 6000), got back to classic CC to fix all the missing Pics and tried to migrate again. That doesn't work - as said in the desciption - it only works once. So I tried to rename the catalog, changed it with classic CC again, deinstalled Lightroom CC with deleting the presets and than reinstalled CC. Nothing helped. Somewhere deep in my mac there must be a file that let CC remember ... Does someone have an idea?

thanks, Sebastian

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-20 um 23.53.30.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

If you delete your cloud library entirely via the web app (Go to Accounts and you'll see a button to "Delete Lightroom Library") you can then re-start the migrate. I did this repeatedly before I finally got all 25000 photos migrated. Bear in mind that deleting the lightroom library in the cloud deletes all your photos, albums, etc. You are effectively wiping the slate clean and starting again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like help with this as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you delete your cloud library entirely via the web app (Go to Accounts and you'll see a button to "Delete Lightroom Library") you can then re-start the migrate. I did this repeatedly before I finally got all 25000 photos migrated. Bear in mind that deleting the lightroom library in the cloud deletes all your photos, albums, etc. You are effectively wiping the slate clean and starting again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue - there was an error during the migration process and when I tried to run it for the second time, i was not allowed. I found this post saying that the only possible way is to delete the entire Lightroom library, which I am ready to do, but I would need to know in advance how can I backup the online cloud version of my library first, which contains 1600 photos that are not part of the catalogue that I am trying to import into the cloud. I would assume that I would need to make a backup of these 1600 photos (but I don’t see how), then wipe the library clean as stated below, then import these 1600 photos as well as the other previous catalogue file both. Can you please kindly help how this is possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to do the same thing - migrate a 2nd time due to failed migration.  I don't see see how to delete my current catalog so I an start fresh.  Does anyone have the latest procedure to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking for the same thing in 2023! Customer support was unable to assist. Did you figure out a solution in the end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Answering myself, indeed the accepted answer was still correct, deleting the cloud library let me start over. I ended up exporting my gigantic catalog into multiple smaller ones first though, opening them in LrC once, and then importing them one by one due to running out of disk space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines