• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to prevent LC from downloading originals from LCC when syncing?

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I came here after spending hours chatting with the support crew and browsing the internet.

I'm a wedding photographer, during the wedding season I use Lightroom CC to both backup weddings and deliver them to the clients, this was a huge implementation in my delivery workflow since I dont't need two separate service anymore. Thumbs up for Lightroom CC!

Last year for me was the first time using this process, and I really want to replicate it this year.

Right now I'm struggling creating a sustainable backup workflow beacuse I want to keep an archive of my older weddings as smart previews (they don't take up space on the cloud) while adding the new wedding's raw file to LCC.

What really keeps me away from my ideal workflow is that everytime I sync LCC and LC this last one starts downloading all the originals hosted in the cloud even if they're already in its catalog.

This is both space and time consuming.

IS THERE A WAY TO PREVENT LIGHTROOM CLASSIC FROM DOWNLOADING ORIGINALS FROM LIGHTROOM CC?

How can I "show him" that I already have those pictures in my catalog?

I really hope you'll help me, I feel so close to the perfect workflow but I still miss some crucial details that makes me losing time ( = money )

Thank you in advance!

Simona

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

IS THERE A WAY TO PREVENT LIGHTROOM CLASSIC FROM DOWNLOADING ORIGINALS FROM LIGHTROOM CC?

In a word no, if sync is enabled in Classic. It’s by design.

The simple method is to always import into the Lightroom Cloud app on the desktop. Stop importing directly into Classic. Let them download automatically into folders.

If you then wish to archive some photos simply delete originals directly from the cloud. Nothing will get deleted from Classic. Then select the images to be archived in the Classic libr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

zonzo  wrote

Apart from not syncing the Lightroom Classic catalog at all: no, there isn't.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In a word no, if sync is enabled in Classic. It’s by design.

The simple method is to always import into the Lightroom Cloud app on the desktop. Stop importing directly into Classic. Let them download automatically into folders.

If you then wish to archive some photos simply delete originals directly from the cloud. Nothing will get deleted from Classic. Then select the images to be archived in the Classic library, create a collection, mark the collection for sync and wait for smart previews to upload.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines