• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a YouTube or tutorial or document that explains synching DNGs from iPhone to LR Classic

Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shoot with three cameras.

For my Olympus Tough and OM-D I import to Lightroom Classic regularly.  I have a good workflow and an excellent backup process.  

On my iPhone I have not built a workflow I like.  I think Lightroom on my iPhone might be the solution but I am not sure.  On the iPhone I use ProCamera these days and shoot RAW+JPEG, but I might use another iPhone camera someday that captures RAW (aka DNG).  I sometimes do quick edits on my iPhone in SnapSeed.  Ideally I would like to import everything from my iPhone to my LR Classic on some irregular basis and delete the old files from my iPhone when I feel like it and manage my complete collection of photos on my MacBook with Lightroom Classic.  

I tried LR on my iPhone once before and thought I had a process but it filled up my 20GB of Adobe cloud space which stopped that process.  That's another mess I need to clean up.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

The Lightroom mobile images will automatically download to a hard drive when synced with Lightroom Classic. You can then delete those images from the cloud. They will remain in the Classic catalog. You can use Lightroom on your mobile device, or Lightroom on the web to delete them. Or you can delete them from the All Synced Photos collection in Lightroom Classic. Just make sure the photo has actually downloaded to your hard drive before you delete it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Thanks Theresa_J - your reply is verifying that I am headed in the right direction.  My process was working then stopped because my cloud space filled up - I had not been paying attention to that space and didn't understand it.  

This article heped:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/lightroom-mobile-desktop-features.html

Especially this paragraph which you also confirm:

Delete All Synced Data removes all the image data and synced information from Creative Cloud, including previews, meta

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite sure what you're looking for. My experience has been when taking photos with the Lightroom camera on my iPhone, those images automatically sync with Lightroom Classic. I don't have to do anything. They just show up on my computer in the designated folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim Hess - yup that is exactly how life was for me for a while.  Then that stopped working and I was too busy to figure out why.  Now I've decided to spend some time getting things fixed.  I think what happened is that my 20GB free Adobe cloud space got filled up and the process from iPhone to LR Classic needed sone free space to work.  More news when I have it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightroom mobile images will automatically download to a hard drive when synced with Lightroom Classic. You can then delete those images from the cloud. They will remain in the Classic catalog. You can use Lightroom on your mobile device, or Lightroom on the web to delete them. Or you can delete them from the All Synced Photos collection in Lightroom Classic. Just make sure the photo has actually downloaded to your hard drive before you delete it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Theresa_J - your reply is verifying that I am headed in the right direction.  My process was working then stopped because my cloud space filled up - I had not been paying attention to that space and didn't understand it.  

This article heped:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/lightroom-mobile-desktop-features.html

Especially this paragraph which you also confirm:

Delete All Synced Data removes all the image data and synced information from Creative Cloud, including previews, metadata, and develop settings. Original photos stored on your computer aren't affected. All the collections are also preserved, but their sync settings are reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines