Highlighted

Is there any way to edit a profile?

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few months ago I created a custom profile based on a preset that I delated later. The profile has a high level of clarity that I would like to modify.

I tried to open the profile on Camera Raw and save a new one but it will always need the original profile –the one I'd like to modify– so it isn't really a solution.

Is there any way to edit that profile, or even convert back to a preset?

Thanks for your help!

TOPICS
How to, Presets or profiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is there any way to edit a profile?

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few months ago I created a custom profile based on a preset that I delated later. The profile has a high level of clarity that I would like to modify.

I tried to open the profile on Camera Raw and save a new one but it will always need the original profile –the one I'd like to modify– so it isn't really a solution.

Is there any way to edit that profile, or even convert back to a preset?

Thanks for your help!

TOPICS
How to, Presets or profiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there is.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2020 0
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this an xmp profile? Yopu should be able to just open it in a text editor and change the settings. They're just text files with clearly labeled settings that you can manually change.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2020 0
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is true. It will depend on what's saved in the profile however, and what exactly you want to edit. If you saved ACR slider settings in the profile then that part can indeed be edited with a text editor. If you saved a LUT in the profile then editing that would be virtually impossible.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2020 0