Is there Lr CC Selective Cloud Storage?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All!

I have been trying to figure out how to choose which lightroom CC albums are synced to my Adobe CC cloud and which ones are just stored locally.

I am using Lr CC (non-classic). I have well more than the 100GB of cloud storage in saved photos, but I only want to sync the ones I am actively working with to the cloud for editing on the go. The issue is that I have tons of photos I don't want or need access to from mobile that have auto-synced to the cloud as they were imported from my desktop into lightroom.

Is there a way to tell Lightroom which photos, folders, or albums you want you want to backup in the cloud and which ones you just want to edit / have accessible? If not, this seems like a feature a lot of people would take advantage of.

I constantly have to delete photos out of lightroom on my desktop to make room for more recent uploads to sync.

Thanks!

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019
lost_art_photography  wroteI am using Lr CC (non-classic). I have well more than the 100GB of cloud storage in saved photos, but I only want to sync the ones I am actively working with to the cloud for editing on the go.That's basically how Lightroom Classic works.But with cloud-based Lightroom, the cloud is considered the master storage area, so all images go up there, and all devices (phones, tablets, computers…) only store images which are cached on demand. Selective sync sounds like a good feature request...

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything you import into LRCC is synced to the cloud - that's its fundamental concept.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That may be it's fundamental concept, but it's certainly not a true statement. If you pay for the 100gb subscription and import 120gb if photos, then everything you import is not saved to the cloud.

What I was looking for was to be able to keep my full library accessible through my desktop Lr, (say 200 gb of different projects), and to only keep 2 or 3 active projects on the cloud (under 100gb) for mobile work.

It sounds like LR Classic CC may have this functionality. My current solution is to export the RAW+settings files to my hard drive and then if someone asks for them I have to re-import which just seems to be an unnecessary amount of hoop jumping.

I think many users could benefit from being able to select multiple photos > right click > 'store locally only / do not sync to cloud'

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lost_art_photography  wrote

I am using Lr CC (non-classic). I have well more than the 100GB of cloud storage in saved photos, but I only want to sync the ones I am actively working with to the cloud for editing on the go.

That's basically how Lightroom Classic works.

But with cloud-based Lightroom, the cloud is considered the master storage area, so all images go up there, and all devices (phones, tablets, computers…) only store images which are cached on demand. Selective sync sounds like a good feature request​ so that it might happen in the future.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that LR Classic has also become cloud-based, (LR Classic CC), is it still possible to get that functionality?

Sadly I already learned and cataloged in LR CC but I could make the switch before I get any deeper.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lost_art_photography  wrote

Now that LR Classic has also become cloud-based, (LR Classic CC), is it still possible to get that functionality?

If you mean, is it still possible to sync individual collections or images from Lightroom Classic, the answer is yes. I sync images up to the cloud in the latest version of Classic. There is one difference in that since Classic is desktop-based, it only syncs smart previews of raw images up to the cloud. Cloud-based Lightroom uploads the whole raw file, since the cloud is master storage.

By the way, it looks like you're not alone, there is an existing feature request:

Lightroom CC: Selective Sync | Photoshop Family Customer Community

It's got 82 votes and a comment thread. That's more votes than a lot of other requests, so Adobe probably knows there's interest. But there are no guarantees on when it might make the cut for a future release.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not being able to selectively sync or choose a sync priority is :hundred_points: a reason to move away from LR.  

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would agree with this. I only want recent and/or what I am working on in the cloud. It would be a great feature to be able to make rules on what goes to the cloud. I have a NAS and see no need to have massavie storage in the cloud. Only want what I am currently working on there. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines