Highlighted

Is this help genuine?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi: I was asking some questions earlier on this forum and got a 'private' response suggesting I email Adobecare@outlook.com

The response:

"Hi,

You can Directly send Email to our Customer Care Team at Adobecare@outlook.com and they will help you via Email.

Team Adobe."

When I responded, the reply, in slightly broken English, asked for my Adobe login email AND my password.

Anyone on the forum met up with this?

Thanks

Donald

Topics

Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is this help genuine?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi: I was asking some questions earlier on this forum and got a 'private' response suggesting I email Adobecare@outlook.com

The response:

"Hi,

You can Directly send Email to our Customer Care Team at Adobecare@outlook.com and they will help you via Email.

Team Adobe."

When I responded, the reply, in slightly broken English, asked for my Adobe login email AND my password.

Anyone on the forum met up with this?

Thanks

Donald

Topics

Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like classic phishing. Adobe email will not come from an outlook.com domain. You should not take them up on their offer and report the private message.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definetely do not give them your login and password!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. When I first replied I wasn't worried for I wasn't giving anything away. But the second email had me worried before I read it as the sender's address looked odd.

So thanks again. Of course I still haven't solved my Lightroom problems!

Donald

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As was previously stated, no legitimate corporation is EVER going to be providing customer service or support using a web-based email service. Generally they will have an email address using a custom domain that contains their business name (i.e., adobe.com).

There may be rare exceptions (I have never seen any) however any email address that does not contain their corporate name in the domain name should be EASILY visible on their website. If it is not, DO NOT reply.

Also, do not provide deatails such as passwords, social security numbers, credit card information, etc. to ANYONE who is contacting you. Legitimate corporate agents will never ask for this type of information and any such request should be ignored and reported.

You were wise to be suspicious about this. I wuould finally suggest that if you did contact them in an online chat area you may want to run a virus/malware scan as a preventative measure to make sure they were not able to compromise your computer. This is extremely unlikely, however I tend to err on the side of caution...and even a bit of paranoia!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this. I think your information should be pinned on all forums! I'm pretty careful about checking urls and addresses but this one nearly got me - well until the request for password came along.

However, I still haven't sorted out my problems although I'm now in contact with genuine Adobe help. With luck they can tell me how to buy into Classic and get some control over the 20Gb of random images put into cloud storage. It's bizarre.

Ever hopeful.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
99jon LATEST
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, Adobe employees, and accredited ACP/MVPs are all badged (see avatar image below). Potential fraudsters will often have a fake picture and try to include the word Adobe in their screen name.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines