• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is this version of Lightroom really lame, or is it my imagination?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to photo editing, but serious about learning it. I bought the $9.99/month plan from Adobe, which I know includes two Lightrooms and Photoshop. I decided to learn the newest one, "Lightroom," which is apparently referred to as "Lightroom desktop/mobile/tablet/cloud..." - SO awkwardly named. Now I discover there's lots of things I want to do that I can't use this version of Lightroom for. To make things more confusing, there are very few tutorials for this "Lightroom desktop (or whatever)" version, I suppose because it is new, or maybe because no one wants to use it. I guess it's time to learn the old Lightroom and figure out a way to store my photos on a hard drive somewhere.

I merely post this as a warning to new users for this dumb product that Adobe has out there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

You need the other version; Lightroom Classic. That is the version that has been around for a decade and is used by serious amateurs and professionals, and the version all those tutorials are about. The new version is more aimed at smartphone shooters.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Just because there is a new Lightroom that stores everything in the cloud and has a new interface, one shouldn't assume like many do that the "old" Lightroom is fading away and is worth forgetting about. Lightroom Classic is alive and well and still being updated and fully supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need the other version; Lightroom Classic. That is the version that has been around for a decade and is used by serious amateurs and professionals, and the version all those tutorials are about. The new version is more aimed at smartphone shooters.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just because there is a new Lightroom that stores everything in the cloud and has a new interface, one shouldn't assume like many do that the "old" Lightroom is fading away and is worth forgetting about. Lightroom Classic is alive and well and still being updated and fully supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines