• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

issue importing images

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I recently purchased a macOS catalina after having a windows laptop. It's been quite a struggle getting my photos to import. Every time I try to add a photo, I get the same response "No images that can be imported were found in selected source." I never had this issue with my windows laptop. Can someone help guide me in the right direction?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably need to give Lightroom permissions to access the source. Go to System Preferences under the Apple menu in the left corner of the screen, select 'Security & Privacy - Privacy' and then add Lightroom to 'File and Folders' or to 'Full Disk Access'.

catalinasecurity.png

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen-Shot-2020-12-26-at-11.20.22-AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

under adobe lightroom it only gives me the removable volumes option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add Lightroom to Full Disk Access and see if that solves it.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that and still zero luck. Even though I just bought this computer, theres a new system update BigSur. Do you think by updating the system it will reslove the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I doubt it. Big Sur uses the same security settings, so if that is not what is causing this, then upgrading to Big Sur is unlikely to solve your problem.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines