• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues adding photos

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just getting started with Lightroom CC and I'm having problems adding photos. When I click on the icon to add pictures and navigate to the folder where my pictures are saved (this is an external WD hard drive) the option for "choose folder" is not available (it's gray). I do not want to have to select pictures I would rather select the folder and deselect pictures I do not want added. I'm using a Surface Pro 3 with the latest Windows.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Normally you would open the folder and then select all (Ctrl+A) and then click the button “Review for Import”

You can then select and deselect within the LRCC interface. Click the button to confirm the number of images you wish to add.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally you would open the folder and then select all (Ctrl+A) and then click the button “Review for Import”

You can then select and deselect within the LRCC interface. Click the button to confirm the number of images you wish to add.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes sense and it works but it does not answer the question: why is the "choose folder" button not available? Thank you anyway for taking the time to answer and giving me a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you click on the gray "Choose Folder" ?

I just tried it and it seems to work,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing happens. Is like it is inactivated. According to the tutorials it is supposed to work for Windows, not for Apple. I'm using Windows. What OS are you using? I'm wondering if it has something to do with the size of the folder. I do have more than 5,000 pictures in that folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on W10. I tried it on a small folder. No sub-folders inside.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm on Windows. I just need to know why the tutorial says to click the + sign and I don't have one on my LR Window. Apparently, when I click on it my Windows Explorer is supposed to open so I can select the photos to add. I only just downloaded LR a few days ago, so they are the latest versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines