• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JPG looks different in Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue with a JPG file that I imported into Lightroom, that is looking different than when I view it by just opening it on my Mac.  I am attaching a partial screen shot showing the same file.  On the left is the JPG as opened and displayed on my Mac in Preview, and on the right is the exact same file, displayed in Lightroom, with no adjustments, both in one screen shot with the opened JPG on top of the Lightroom window.

Clearly there is a difference.  But I am at a loss to explain why, if it’s the same file, displayed on the same screen.  I will say that Lightroom appears to represent a truer display of the image compared to what I see in Photoshop (from the original Photoshop file), but then why does it look different outside of Adobe?  I even deleted the JPG, deleted it from Lightroom, and repeated the export and import process to ensure I was looking at the same file.  I am using Lightroom Classic 9.2.1.  Thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?