• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keywords for mobile use

Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to be able to search a large collection of photos in Lightroom CC Mobile on my iPhone. I have spent years assigning keywords to my photos in Lightroom Classic CC. If I sync Lightroom CC to my desktop Lightroom Classic CC, will all my keywords pass through and be usable for me to search with on my iPhone?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

The underlying problem is that Adobe decided not to sync keywords between LrClassic and the LRCC-branded apps.

However, keywords can be synchronized once from Classic - although this is more an accident than a workflow. Any later changes to keywords won't sync.

To send the keywords from Classic:

1. ensure the photos are not already synced
  2. ensure they do not have smart previews  - Library > Previews > Delete Smart Previews
  3. Metadata > Save Metadata to File
  4. Sync the photos

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The underlying problem is that Adobe decided not to sync keywords between LrClassic and the LRCC-branded apps.

However, keywords can be synchronized once from Classic - although this is more an accident than a workflow. Any later changes to keywords won't sync.

To send the keywords from Classic:

1. ensure the photos are not already synced
  2. ensure they do not have smart previews  - Library > Previews > Delete Smart Previews
  3. Metadata > Save Metadata to File
  4. Sync the photos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. I must say that is a surprise and a huge disappointment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree - I expected better of Adobe.

Do add your voice to Lightroom: Keywords don't sync between CC and Classic, but don't expect them to change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for that suggestion. I have done so. I never knew this was any kind of an issue before I tried to do it. Mystifying that Adobe doesn't see this as a basic requirement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines