• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keywords

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom has been working fine but I have now lost a lot of my keywords from the Keyword list. When I go into a backup catalogue all  the keywords are there but the last 3 years of photos are missing. I don't know what I have done to the main catalogue to have lost the keywords or how to get them back. I wouldappreciate any help. I am using Lightroom 5.7

Thank you

Joan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go slowly, and keep the discussion in one thread. You're in danger of getting a lot of confusing answers about fixing missing folders and fixing your keywords. When was this catalogue backed up? How recently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying. It was backed up a month ago, but I have been adding photos since. I should have backed up more often I know.  I guess I have too choose whether I fix the back-up folder which doesn't have all the keywords in the Keyword list or whether I fix the current, main folder, which has lots of photos missing. Restoring the keywords somehow would be my preferred option, if I knew how to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experienced a similar problem. I am backing Lightroom up almost anytime the system suggest me to. I have discovered the alteration of many keywords. I have keywords with names of a certain person, like "John Smith". Recently, and I donĀ“t know when it happened, Lightroom has altered "John Smith" to two keywords "John" and "Smith". I cannot recreate "John Smith", and I certainly have many "John"s now piled in one keyword. And I fear, Joanmeree, that restoring an old backup will delete my resent work. What can I do? I have +25.000 photos with keywords and hope there is a solution to my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just realized you commented on a old thread. Can you start a new post with your issue in the Lightroom Classic forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must be using Lightroom Classic not Lightroom becuase you are also asking about backups. What version of Lightroom Classic are you using, and what is your operating system?

Lightroom Classic shouldn't lose keywords. It sounds like you may have inadvertently opened a different catalog, or started a different catalog at some point and reimported photos that previously had been keyworded in a different catalog. The fact that your backup catalog is also missing photos suggests that this is what happened Is it possible that you have more than one catalog? Do you know where to look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines