Highlighted

Large 16bit TIFFs the only storage option in CC cloud?

Explorer ,
May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed that when I edit a Lightroom CC image in Photoshop, its saved back into my cloud storage as a rather large TIFF in 16bit.  This is great for some, and entirely unnecessary for others.   Can this be changed?   Ideally, I'd love a way to go through my online storage and reduce to 8-bit files of smaller formats for many images where that level of quality is not required, and or at least the ability to choose the format and quality when saving back into CC cloud.

Thanks for your thoughts...

Before saving in PS go to the menu:

Image >> Mode

Choose 8 bits

Then press Ctrl+S (save & overwrite) followed by Crl+W (close file & send back to Lightroom)

Cmd+S & Cmd+W on Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Large 16bit TIFFs the only storage option in CC cloud?

Explorer ,
May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed that when I edit a Lightroom CC image in Photoshop, its saved back into my cloud storage as a rather large TIFF in 16bit.  This is great for some, and entirely unnecessary for others.   Can this be changed?   Ideally, I'd love a way to go through my online storage and reduce to 8-bit files of smaller formats for many images where that level of quality is not required, and or at least the ability to choose the format and quality when saving back into CC cloud.

Thanks for your thoughts...

Image >> Mode

Choose 8 bits

Then press Ctrl+S (save & overwrite) followed by Crl+W (close file & send back to Lightroom)

Cmd+S & Cmd+W on Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 21, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image >> Mode

Choose 8 bits

Cmd+S & Cmd+W on Mac

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2019 0
Explorer ,
May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jon. 

I'd done that but had not been patient enough to see the change take effect online. 

I assume the only way to reduce the image's footprint further would be to 'save as' jpeg and upload as a separate file?

Thanks again!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that's about it. It's not quite as neat as the imported jpeg won't be stacked with the original.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2019 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before changing to 8-bit mode, you should go to a smaller colorspace first. The default is prophotoRGB in Photoshop for the 16-bit files that came from Edit in Photoshop. So you need to first convert to adobeRGB or sRGB. If you don't, you risk generating visible banding/posterization in your images

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2019 1
Explorer ,
May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  I shall keep my eye on that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2019 0