• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lens Profile requests and information

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lens Profiles apply to Camera Raw, Lightroom Classic, and the Lightroom Ecosystem products (Desktop, Mobile, and Web).

Lens Profiles are available for a wide array of lenses. Not every lens is currently profiled, and of those profiled, not all are profiled for all camera and file types. For example, there may be a profile for a particular lens and camera mount for the raw file but not for the JPEG. Normally, profiles for JPEG are not supplied unless the camera does not apply a correction (e.g. iPhone, GoPro). 

A complete list of profiled lenses can be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/supported-lenses.html 
other helpful info: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/lens-profile-support.html#Supported_lenses 

Lens correction for all Micro 4/3 (MFT) lenses and many newer cameras, including Panasonic and Olympus cameras, and other cameras (including Fuji X,  Leica Q, and Nikon Z series)plus many point-and-shoot models from Canon) happens automatically without any interaction by the customer. A notation will appear in the Lens Correction Panel designating this. 

Note: You should not expect to find any profiles listed in the pop-up notes, because the corrections are always applied.

If you are unsure whether your lens is supported automatically refer to the "info" button/icon on the Lens Corrections tab.

If your lens is not on the supported lens list and is not one of those whose correction happens automatically, you can create your own profiles using the Adobe Lens Profile Creator. Download the Adobe Lens Profile Creator: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/digital-negative.html#resources 

If you desire an Adobe-created Lens Profile, please make your request in the comments of this thread, and be sure to include the full lens model/description and the camera mount you are desiring. ETAs for new lens profiles are not available.

Keep in mind that lens profiles cannot be made for tilt/shift lenses. There is no way to record the tilt or shift settings in the Exif data. A feature request exists here for Tilt-Shift Lens Profiles: https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-ideas/p-lens-profiles-for-tilt-shift-lens/idi-p/12221166 

Note: The Lens Profile Creator is currently supported for Windows and 32-bit Versions of the Mac OS. 

ETAs are not available for any lens request. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
Lens profile creator , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 677 Replies 677
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, can anyone help. I have just purchased the Canon rf 14-35 f4 and I have heavy vignetting in the corners of all my images. I also cannot find a lens profile for this lens in either lightroom or camera raw.

Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kev5F8A, as mentioned above, that is a new lens and the profile is not available for it yet.

You can create your own profile if you don't want to wait:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/digital-negative.html#Adobe_Lens_Profile_Creator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While not perfect, I have been using the RF 24-240 profile (v1) on the 14mm and 15mm shots from the RF 14-35.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, can anyone help. I have just purchased the Canon rf 14-35 f4 and I have heavy vignetting in the corners of all my images. I also cannot find a lens profile for this lens in either lightroom or camera raw.

Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to see the nikon z series lens supported here, the current update to light room is not accurate for the z series lens, specially the 24-70 2.8 and the 50 1.2. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am really angry to see that my upgrade from Lr 6 to LrC 11 was almost needless because there is NO single lens profile of a z series lens. I urgently need one for the 14-30 f4 and the 24-70 f4.

What's the point of supporting the Z9 case without supplying lens profiles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nikon Z series profiles should be embedded. If you look at your Lens Corrections panel does it show a Note at the bottom saying this?

See: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/nikon-z-series-built-in-lens-profiles.42246/#post-1... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much. After i posted, i saw the fact that they are embedded. Nice to know

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create lens profile for the above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , Canon RF 14-35 f4 L is

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to kindly request the following lense profiles to be added.

Canon FD 50mm F1.8 FD

Tokina AT-X Macro 90mm F/2.5 Various Mounts (FD, OM)

Asahi PENTAX Super Macro-Takumar 50mm F4 M42
Asahi PENTAX Super-Takumar 50mm F1.4 M42
Asahi PENTAX Super Takumar 28mm F3.5 M42
Asahi PENTAX Super Takumar 35mm F3.5 M42
Asahi PENTAX Super-Takumar 135mm F3.5 M42
Asahi PENTAX Super-Takumar 135mm F2.5 M42
Asahi PENTAX Super-Takumar 105mm F2.8 M42

Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 50mm f/2.8 MC M42
Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolar 50mm 1.8 M42
Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar 58mm f2.0 M42
Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 135mm f3.5 MC M42
Carl Zeiss Planar 50mm f1.4 C/Y
Carl Zeiss Planar 50mm f1.7 C/Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have the latest version of Lightroom and I do all of my shooting with Gopro Hero 8 Black. In the Lens Correction section I only find settings for Gopro Hero 7 Black. And im not really satisfied with the outcome using that. Can I download settings for the Hero 8 somewhere or will it be the same as Hero 7?

Most of my footage is with RAW and I do timelapses, so yes the Hero 7 straightens the horison but everything else in the corners get a weird distortion. Any help to this much appriciated!

Not the best example maybe, but look at the bench in the picture I attached

Best regards

P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been inquiring about the same matter since the launch of Hero 8. I guess they have no plan to add the lens correction for this device. What a deal breaker. Really love using this app with Hero 7 Black. However, I guess I'm gonna delete it and start using something else now. Your loss, Lightroom!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no support for the Hero 8 a year later. Only goes up to Hero 7. GoPro is now advertising Hero 10. It appears Adobe has dropped support for GoPro for some reason. This is disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got the new Canon RF 14-35 f/4 - and without lens correction profile it is hardly usable when taking RAW photos. It has a really bad barrel distortion and vignetting of the edges (they are pitch black). Please support a matching lens correction profile!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to see a lens profile for the Samyang XP 10mm f3.5 full frame lens for Nikon F Mount.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that there's an Adobe employee involved with this post but, unless I'm mistaken, I never see any answers from Adobe in terms of if any of these requested lens profiles are being created by Adobe; the only tihng I see are ways to create your own lens profile. Is anything being done with all these lens profile questions and issues, is it just a matter of waiting for Adobe to create these lens profiles for future updates, or is this just a bunch of Adobe users yakking away with each other? Anyone have any insight here? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Camera Raw engineer responsible for creating Lens Profiles monitors this thread for requests.
The information on creating your own is provided for those who cannot wait. 

When/If a lens profile is going to be released is not publically announced until it is released. ETAs are not available. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much to your reply and the clarification, appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can we find out about new profiles are do they just get added to the latest Camera Raw??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can we find out about new profiles are do they just get added to the latest Camera Raw??

By @No Face Nappy

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/lens-profile-support.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grea but No Samyang XP lenses at all! What do these engineers do all day???? Pathetic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grea but No Samyang XP lenses at all! What do these engineers do all day???? Pathetic.

By @No Face Nappy

They do this and more thankfully:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/masking.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seriously need corrections for the RF Samyang/Rokinon 85mm 1.4. its become a popular lens, and its the same lens for sony. how can i bring this to adobe's attention?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines