• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

library structure

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I hope that someone can help me out.

For some time imported pictures (fi 2019) are automaticaly arranged as a submap under 2003. How do I change this. 

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

You may have used a 'Nested' Import Date structure, and the 2003 Folder was highlighted in the Destination panel when you Imported. This will place 2020 as a subfolder within 2003.

To change it:  For any Date Structure preset that contains a /  you must highlight the topmost parent folder (eg. Pictures)

See this blog article for details-

IMPORT DATE FORMATS

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Lightroom and what kind of photos are these? Lightroom reads the capture date of digital photos and creation date of scanned photos to decide where to store these, so somehow it thinks these photos were taken in 2003.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johan. Thanks for your reaction. I have Lightroom 4. Oldie. No the foto's are taken in 2020 and when i import them they get ranged under 2003. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ps heb nederlandse instellingen, dus "catalogus", "mappen" etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have used a 'Nested' Import Date structure, and the 2003 Folder was highlighted in the Destination panel when you Imported. This will place 2020 as a subfolder within 2003.

To change it:  For any Date Structure preset that contains a /  you must highlight the topmost parent folder (eg. Pictures)

See this blog article for details-

IMPORT DATE FORMATS

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for your reply. I am going to try to solve it. Hope for the best. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

WobertC

Thank you. It worked. I can now reorganize everything. 

Wishing you a good and healthy 2021,

Bregtje 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines