• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Library view not available in LR anymore? Browse photos by folder structure?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded my subscription to LR and it seems like the library function is missing. I have my photos in folders something like this:

my_photos/

my_photos/new-from-camera

my_photos/2019

my_photos/2019/2019-dogs

my_photos/2019/2019-travel

my_photos/2019/2019-travel-nh

my_photos/2019/2019-events

In my previous version all these physical folders were visible and I could easily switch around between them. My routine was to dump all photos from my camera to the "new" folder, process them, then move them to their organized location that matched my hard drive. Is this no longer an option?

I see the ability to create albums, and folders under albums. The "import" function appears to just pull everything into a root collection so that you can later organize it. I've already organized my photos on my hard drive. I just want to use that folder structure. Is this not possible anymore?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blame Adobe on this.

Yes, lots of Adobe fans in this community page, but most of us on this particular subject will state Blame Adobe

Problem is Adobe marketing

Currently for computer users two Lightroom products

Lightroom

Lightroom Classic

You apparently bought the Lightroom package, thinking of the old name for piece of software that's been around for years, originally called Lightroom

Well, these days Lightroom is the cloud based product that Adobe sells for the Cloud centric customer base. You run it from your computer but photos are stored on the cloud.

The older disk based product that you run from your computer and store images on your computer is called Lightrrom Classic.

You will need to change your subscription to one of the photography  plans (Photoshop, Lightroom, Lightroom Classic, Bridge, others and either 20GB cloud storage, or 11TB cloud storage  )

Note, Adobe does not offer a Lightroom Classic only plan, unlike cloud based Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was pretty sure I bought the package that includes classic and right after I paid I donwloaded the software and installed it on my PC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Adob.com, sign in, manage your account, verify what plan you purhased.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I see I forgot one item, and perhaps had an assumption

Bring up your copy of the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop APP. Double check that you do not in fact have the correct plan, biut simply did not yet install Lightroom Classic, The Photography plan includes both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You were correct. I new there was a cloud version but I assumed when I actually installed LR it was the desktop version. It seems using LR CC will also install locally. So what I was running locally was the CC version. I'm downloading classic right now. The CC seems interesting but I don't see a use for it right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this exact same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines