• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lighroom Classic and Lighroom Desktop 3.4 freezes

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm fairly new to Lr and Photoshop. I have the creative cloud Lr 3.4 and sometimes it's either really slow, it freezes or it even crashed on me. 

I just noticed LrC as well in my creative cloud...is there one or the other that I should be using? And if it's fine to use Lr how do I fix the problems I have with it? 

Thanks in advance 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

Sorry that Lightroom Classic and Lightroom Desktop 3.4 freezes on your computer and even crashes sometimes.

Would you mind sharing the version of Lightroom Classic and your operating system with us?

To troubleshoot Lightroom Classic, please checkout this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-basic-troubleshooting-fix-most-issues.html

For Lightroom Desktop, see: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html#solution-1 

Let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not used Lightroom Classic yet. I have only used Lightroom desktop 3.4.

It says my LrC is version 9.4.

When I go to open LrC it says I need to upgrade my catalog for use with LrC. Which one should I be using LrC or Lr? Is there a difference?

I have Windows 10.  

Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom Classic references photos that are stored on a local disc whereas Lightroom desktop stores photos . the cloud and automatically syncs to other devices, it depends what workflow you require, how many photos you have ( in some cases ) and also if you want to pay for cloud storage, Classic has a number of features that haven't made it to the cloud based version yet but the major features are the same.

Do you know which workflow you were intending to use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines