• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Light pollution filter

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to create an Adobe light pollution filter based on the transmission spectrum of a 'hard' filter (I.e. physical glass filter)? An example filter profile is attached.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing attached!

Are you talking White Balance, HSL adjustment, Tone Curve Channels,,,? Curious to understand.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx for that, a few issues attaching it seems.

The question was based around simulating the use of a physical light pollution filter that attenuates specific light wavelengths (from sodium and mercury lamps). While lightroom (and correct me if wrong) allows you to adjust colours etc., the question was using a more analytical approach to raw file filtering. I'll have another go at attaching the light pollution transmission spectrum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A little too technical for me! but nearest that I can imagine would be two ways-

1) Use the HSL Luminance panel to reduce (filter 'out') specific color 'channels'

2) Use a Gradient Filter or Brush Adjustment with Color Range Masking to selectively reduce exposure of colors.

As for filtering multiple parts of the spectrum (as may physical filters) - beyond me. 😞

Color Wheel2.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines