• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Light room catalogue cannot be opened because it is running in another application.

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I switched catalogues in the normal way but when switching back a pop up box says the catalogue cannot be opened because another application already has it open. I don't have another application, I only have Lr on my desktop and no other devices. I am using Lightroom not lightroom classic.

Any ideas... please?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You must be using a Standalone version of Lightroom 5 or 6.

The error message "cannot be opened because another application already has it open." indicates that the Catalog is 'LOCKED' - usually because it was not closed/exited in the correct manner when last used.

Normally 'switching Catalogs' would not cause this problem.

With the File Browser (Finder/Explorer) Find the 'Locked' catalog folder and delete the file with the file-type suffix of .LOCK. (eg. like- Catalog Name.lrcat.LOCK)

Do NOT delete anything else!

Then [double-click] the .LRCAT file to open the Catalog.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines