• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Light Room has stopped working

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I am frustrated (and becoming quite annoyed) at the Light Room software that I purchased last July.  First of all, I am not impressed that the manufacturers of these programs no longer make CD's available to buy.  My program has stopped working.  I've tried uninstalling and re-downloading from the link, but my attempts at doing so have expired.  This software is of no use to me for editing if I can't import my photos.  I'm out $200 and only have the option of an annual subscription.  I would like to know why I'm not able to buy a CD version of this software. So far I don't have very good reviews about Lr.  Please advise.  Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is just other users of the software and not really anybody from Adobe. It is a community forum. If you want to give feedback on the software your best bet is to go to https://feedback.photoshop.com . We really do not have any insight in the marketing decisions that Adobe makes here.

Not sure how you were able to purchase any version of Lightroom on a CD. This must have been a very old version. Lightroom has been donwload only for quite a while. I think last version that was available on CD was Lightroom 6. We are now at Lightroom Classic 10.1 for the normal version and Lightroom Desktop 4.1 for the cloud based storage version. Lightroom 6 won't work correctly anymore on current operating systems from Apple and Microsoft.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't mentioned what version of Lightroom you have been using. Over the past couple of years Adobe has transitioned to a subscription only marketing strategy, and no longer offers a freestanding on-disk version of Lightroom. It was well documented and advertised on the forums. Users were made aware of it well in advance. You have not indicated what version of Lightroom you have been using, nor have you indicated what operating system you are using. If you can provide more information about your computer system as well as what version of Lightroom you have been using then perhaps someone can offer a Band-Aid solution to your problem. One thing is for certain, however. There is not a standalone version of Lightroom available anymore for you to purchase. That ship has sailed for good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim.  I am currently using Version 4.1 and I'm using Windows 10 OS.  The +add photos button is now grayed out and I can no long import photos from my phone or camera SD card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I'm a little confused. You indicate that your only option is an annual subscription. Yet it would appear that the version you have installed IS Lightroom 4.1 which IS a subscription version which requires that you have an active subscription with an Adobe ID and password. That particular version of Lightroom stores all your images in the Adobe cloud, and makes them available to edit on your computer as well as all your mobile devices. Are you aware of that? What version of Lightroom have you been using in the past? It seems to me that we are dealing with a little bit of confusion here. Without a subscription, you can install that software (which it appears that you have done) but you won't be able to do anything with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have an annual subscription which I paid for last July.  The program was running fine until a couple of months ago.  I'm not able to access my Cloud either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just another user like yourself. Can't resolve issues like this. You'll have to contact Adobe. Here's a link where you can initiate a live chat. Sorry, that's the best I can do.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/1.html?step=LTRM_membership-account-payment_cancel-your-membership_s... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I've already done that.  Appreciate your help.  Have a good day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you can't access the cloud or when Lightroom Cloudy doesn't work, the trick is usually to log out of the creative cloud app (click on the account button that looks like a big nose in the upper right and select sign out), and then log back into creative cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines