• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightoom v Lightroom Classic

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to the subscription service and it's confusing the hell out of me!  I don't really want to store my images in the cloud (I have far too many anyway) and don't use the app on my mobile devices.  I essentially just wanted the updated options that my version of LR6 doesn't include, plus access to Photoshop.  I want to be able to choose how my files are stored (eg as .dng files) store them all locally, (which I know I can do in preferences) and add the keywords at the time of upload. Does that mean that I should use LR Classic instead of LR, and just use the same workflow that I'm used to?  Is there any advantage to LR if I'm not using the sync feature?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

yes you want Classic. The Lightroom cloudy version will not be useful to you and misses most of the features you need and are used to in LR6. Adobe's naming is very confusing. Lightroom Cloudy is really just a port of the mobile version of Lightroom to the Desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes you want Classic. The Lightroom cloudy version will not be useful to you and misses most of the features you need and are used to in LR6. Adobe's naming is very confusing. Lightroom Cloudy is really just a port of the mobile version of Lightroom to the Desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.  I'll delete everything and start again.  They could make it easier for simpletons like me!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines