• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 10 on Mac is incredibely slow, when using my profiled EIZO 318-4K monitor

Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i figured out, that with calibrated monitors on MacOS the library view in Lightroom CC v10 is round a bout 20 times slower, than with monitor profile "apple RGB" chosen. The editing section is fine with the profiles from calibrated monitors.

Herewe have EIZO monitors with color navigator software on catalina. We  can reproduce this behaviour through all Macs in our whole company.

The same behaviour is in Indesign v16 and illustrator v25.  Adobe Photoshop does not have this issue... !

It is awful. we cannot use the Adobe CC anymore.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed! Slow to the point of unusable. I guess I'll try rolling back to the previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a calibrated monitor too on my Macs, and I do not see any problem like that. Do you know how the profiles were created, and especially in which ICC-version? You can save a profile in V2 and in V4. As V4 is newer, a lot of people think it must be better. In reality there are quite a few applications that have problems with V4 profiles (and at least in the past Lightroom was known to be one of them), so the advise is to stick to V2.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ICC Profile v2.2 makes no difference. This is what I set in ColorNavigator. And Gamma 2.2 and no L*.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What software do you use to make your profiles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac or PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean 'Mac or PC'? Your problem is on Macs and I answered that I use Macs too. I make my profiles with i1Studio. I really do not see any lag in the Library. If I set loupe view to 100% then I can move the image as fast as I can move my hand.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, did you report this in the appropriate forum? This is a user-to-user forum. I also saw your post in the LightroomQuenn forums. That is a user-to-user forum too. If you want to report a bug, go to https://feedback.photoshop.com. Search for the problem first. Somebody else may have already reported it. In that case, add your vote and do not create a new thread about the same problem.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This answer is intended for those who might suspect that it is an error in the profiling software:
If I use i1profiler to build the profile as version 2, the result is the same. Unusable software from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines