• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 2.4.1 hung after adding photos

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have almost 800k photos in Lightroom, after the last batch of photos, which was around 70k it hung, and it's been like that since then, like 2 weeks now. No photos are being uploaded, cannot see any other photos, or even use Lightroom for anything. Sometimes the folders and stuff on the left hand side are visible and they aren't sometimes.

I am using a mac with Mojave, 16GB of RAM, Intel i7, 500GB SSD.

I have like 2 million more photos I want to add, so I am considering if LR is the right solution for photo needs.

Any recommendations?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any disc space left?

Lightroom (Cloud) makes a copy when importing and uploads this to the Cloud. 
It keeps these in its local library and they are discarded dependant on a number of factors, one being the percentage that you set your Cache at in Lightroom's Preferences.
It may be best to set this at a low percenatge initially and restart the application and see if this helps.

Also, how much storage do you have in the Lightroom Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Locally I have like 160GB, and around 894GB in the cloud. I moved the cache % up and down a few times, but no luck. It gets to a point where you don't know if it's hung and doing nothing, or hung but doing something. The web was the only way to find out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be worth also posting here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_lightroom_cc

which is monitored by Adobe Engineers who may been able to help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks. Will post it there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines