• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 3.2 running slowly with RAF files - macOS

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey - I'm using lightroom 3.2 with my fujifilm x100v and when I run RAF files is gets craaaazy slow. I'm on a new iMac with 64gb RAM running from the internal HDD so it's not a hardware thing.....

Any help would be save me - it's completely unusable.

thanks

Rob

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

Sorry to hear that Lightroom is running slow with RAF files, could you try going to Lightroom's Preferences > Performance and turn off "Use Graphics Processor" option and see if it helps speed up the performance?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey - thanks for your reply. Ive tried this and unfortunately it hasnt worked. I really dont know whats going on, its become totally unusable whenever I apply a mask, and changes that I make can take minutes to come through if they do at all, the mask doesnt even dissapear when I make changes so I can't see whats going on, and even toggling through overlays is unreliable, sometimes it'll toggle through the mask overlays, sometimes they will remain, sometimes it'll show some masks and not others.

Todays latest issue is that any changes I apply to the only mask on one particular photo only apply once I have delected the mask functions.

Its unusable - is there a chance that its is running from the cloud version of the image instead of the local one?

my system is good enough for this not to be happening....3.7 6core i5 64gb ram radeon pro 580x 8gb

Any help would make me very happy.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines