• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 3.3 on MacOS 10.15.5 constantly showing a blue spinning wheel while editing images

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having issues for the past few weeks since updating.  I'm running version LR 3.3 on MacOS catalina Version 10.15.5. when I got to select a different image, it doesn't move. I constantly get the blue spinning wheel of death.  Also, all my editing tools are grey'ed out. It's becoming a real pain.  I have to force quit etc.  it sometimes works and other times I get the problem I described above.  Any assistance would be appreciated.  

Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 1.29.39 PM.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Lightroom desktop 3.3 does not load images and keep showing a blue spinning wheel while editing images. 

Would you mind unchecking the option "Use GPU for display" under the Preferences> Performance menu in Lightroom? 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akasha, 

Thanks for the reply however my Macbook pro is running Radeon Pro 460 4 GB . When I go to the performance GPU Section, it says " your system automatically supports full acceleration ".  I'm assuming I would not be levering my GPU to it's fullest if I deselect "use GPU for display"

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unchecking the GPU is a way to test if the original problem is linked to the GPU or not. This way we can troubleshoot the GPU specific issue. Does unchecking it makes any difference to  the initial problem?

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Definitely started with upgrading to v3.3. Occurs almost every time I close my macbook when running Lightroom. Then later I open it to a forever spinning wheel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sorry that Lightroom desktop 3.3 shows a blue spinning wheel every time you put your MacBook to sleep. 

Do you have any pending sync activity in Lightroom when you close your Mac? 

nnnn.png

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often do have pending activity either sync or have an image that I am
editing in Photoshop (launched from LR via Cmd-E)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try reproducing the issue with no pending sync activity and let us know how it goes.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am a paying customer. How do I file a support ticket with Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akash,

After unchecking the "use GPU for display", I am still having intermittent issues. Do you have any further troubleshooting steps that I can take? TIA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind resetting the Lightroom app preferences to default? Press and hold the Shift + Option + Delete keys.(Mac) or Press and hold the Shift + Alt keys while starting Lightroom. A dialog box should appear asking you restore the preferences.

Let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines