• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 3.3

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am brand new to lightroom. Is version 3.3 the same as 7.0 that I keep reading about? I'm so confused and I would love to load some presets that I have into lightroom but I just cannot figure it out. When I watch videos for PC it shows some weird menus that are not on my lightroom for my desktop. 

Thank you, 

Marni 🙂 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Lightroom 7 never really existed, but that is what is now called Lightroom Classic and is at version 9.3. Lightroom 3.3 is a new application that stores the originals and edits in the cloud. It's a pity that Adobe decided to call that 'Lightroom' too, because it leads to constant confusion, even years after its introduction.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, should I download the classic version then? This whole thing is so confusing to me. haha. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Without knowing what your intentions are, it's difficult to make a recommendation. Lightroom Classic follows the Lightroom tradition that has been around for more than a decade now. It is the most robust and versatile. It stores images locally on your computer, but provides a feature to share collections if you want to do so. The "new" Lightroom is designed to store your images in the cloud, enabling you to access those images from your computer, smart phone, tablet, and other mobile devices, being able to edit them on all those devices and see those changes on any other device. It doesn't have all the features that Lightroom Classic has. That doesn't seem to bother many users, it frustrates others. The interface for the two programs is radically different. You need to understand what it is you want from Lightroom and make a decision which you want to use because it is very difficult to run a "mixed" workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines