• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5.7.1 error 213:10 - case sensitive file system

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Lightroom 5.7.1 on Mac 10.14.4 on a case sensitive file system. The app will crash at startup as some modules cannot be found.

https://www.sotechdesign.com.au/adobe-photoshop-lightroom-5-7-mac-os-x-will-longer-open/ shows the problem and also provides a solution to rename two directories, so that the module can found. Another approach is to install the package on a case insenstive volume, e.g. https://www.sotechdesign.com.au/adobe-photoshop-lightroom-5-7-mac-os-x-will-longer-open/
sudo installer -verbose -pkg "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.pkg" -target /Volumes/insensitive.

Both approaches lead to the fact, that Lightroom can start without crashing, but with error 213:10. I guess this is because Lightroom checks the modules loaded and builds a checksum, which after renaming the directories or launching it from a different location, will not match.

Any solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer is simple. You cannot install Lightroom on a case-sensitive file system disk. You can use a case-sensitive formatted external disk to store your photos, but the application itself needs to be installed on a standard (i.e. case-insensitive) file system disk.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yepp, simple answer. Until 5.6 it worked. Seems that only the asneu.framework was introduced and the case sensistive writing has always been wrong, but still it worked on case insensitive file systems. As said, it starts but brings the licensing error 213:10, which might be a checksum. 

I by the way also created a partition which is case insenstive and installed it with 'sudo installer -verbose -pkg "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.pkg" -target /Volumes/insensitive'. Installation was fine, but licensing error still occurs. 

I guess Lightroom is really creating a checksum over loaded modules with case sensitve file and absolute file names. That's why running it from /Volume/insensitive/Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom won't work either, even on a case insenstive file system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines