• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5.7.1 won't allow me to import new photos

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning.  I am having an issue importing new photos into Lightroom.  I have 5.7.1 installed on my MacBook Pro and recently updated to Catalina 10.15.6.  I was able to import photos after updating, now today all of the squares for the photos are grey when trying to import instead of the actual photo and nothing will import.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First point is that you will eventually have major problems running 5.7 in Catalina. See a discussion here-

https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/lightroom-5-unable-to-install-on-catalina/m-p/108564...

You could have a 'Permissions' problem. MAC CATALINA PERMISSIONS

Another suggestion (based on your screen-clip)- Move the 'movie/video' file to another folder with {Finder}, then try to import only the JPG files. It has often been reported that mixing both file-types in the import can cause problems.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines