Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5.7.1

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning-

I'm running LR 5.7.1 on a MacBook using Mojave 10.14.6.  I'm finally ready to move to MacOS Catalina, but I understand that it only running 64-bit apps.  Does anyone know whether Adobe has made it possible to update to a 64-bit app for this version of LR?

Thanks

Dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe so. Even Lightroom 6, which is a 64-bit program, has a 32-bit installer. So if Lightroom 6 is not installed prior to upgrading to Catalina that version of Lightroom cannot be used either. As far as I'm aware Lightroom 5.7.1 was only available as a 32-bit application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.  Do you know whether Adobe even sells a stand-along version of Lightroom?  I'm really not interested in the subscription model.

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Lightroom (Classic or cloud) is only available under a subscription plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification.

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only standalone photo editing product Adobe sells anymore is Photoshop Elements. Adobe just released an upgraded version of it. There is a stripped down version of Camera Raw that works with Photoshop Elements. But if you want Lightroom then the only option is to subscribe if you want the current version. The subscription model really works well, in my opinion. The software installs locally on your computer, and you are entitled to all the updates as they become available. You are always entitled to have the latest update installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for mentioning Photoshop Elements.  Since I'm trying to stay away from the subscription model, I'll take a look at it.

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines