• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5 and Canon EOS 600D: all the thumbnails says 'preview unavailable for this file'

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just tried to import my photographs into lightroom 5 and in all the thumbnails it says 'preview unavailable for this file'.  Why is this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you're getting an error message "preview unavailable for this file" while importing images into Lightroom 5.

The reason could be that you shoot raw and, you probably have a new camera. Please check that your camera is supported in Lightroom 5. See this list of supported cameras: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html#Supportedcameramodels in Lightroom.

If your camera is not supported in Lightroom 5, please checkout this tech note: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/why-is-my-camera-not-supported.html

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Akash but my camera Canon EOS600D is listed and I don’t shoot raw. I have not had a problem viewing my thumbnails in the past. At first it was a few of the thumbnails that gave the message ‘preview unavailable for this file’ but in my last shoot the message was in every thumbnail. Is there any other possible cause?
Thanks
Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Canon EOS 600D is not supported with Lightroom 5. Would you mind sharing one of the sample files with us via a Dropbox link so that we may try import it at our end? 

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Akash
I have attached one of the files that had the message ‘preview unavailable for this file’.
Thanks
Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines