• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5 on same computer as Lightroom 6?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a current user of LR 5 and I am happy with it.  But I just purchased  a Canon 5DSR and as you know LR 5 will not read its raw files without converting them.  I managed to pick up a license for LR 6.  My question is can I run both versions on same PC without conflict?  I would have no problem using LR 5 for my "old" pictures and LR 6 for my "new" Canon 5DSR pictures if I could.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can, but it does not make any sense. Upgrade your current catalog with Lightroom 6 (just open it in Lightroom 6 and let Lightroom upgrade it) and then use Lightroom 6 for everything.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I read somewhere that the catalogs were not compatable. So I did not know it would convert the catalog. I will do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines